I recently gave a talk about our programming language and compiler for image processing, Halide. Click here for the slides.
- faster matrix multiply than Eigen
- faster Gaussian blur than Intel Performance Primitives
- faster Fourier transform than FFTW
- faster Local Laplacian than Adobe’s
- it runs on device and in the cloud
- is supported on Linux, Windows, OSX, iOS, Android
Halide started as a research project, but we made the compiler open source and it is now in heavy use at Google and various other companies. It dramatically improves programmers’ productivity.